14 Mart 2019 Perşembe

Sound Check

It's been a while huh? Like a little bit more than 6 years that I haven't actually posted something new. Reposted some old stuff and 2 short stories? 3 maybe? Those were quite different than I used to write and tell. Well I'll give myself a second go. But this time in English.

I don't live in the house, nor in the city or country I was born. I've already been in the middle of a challenge so I said "oh why not" and here we are. Trying to do what I was doing 7-8 years ago. But know with an online dictionary on the second screen.


This URL was already dead since eternity. If I screw up, not much loss. But if I can manage resurrect it....

We will see.

I have removed many posts as they were from a life I cannot remember anymore. Now that I think of, I was unconscious for the majority of the time. So not much lost in my memories. It's a shame that the time that supposed to be fun was so dark. So dark that that even Boogeyman stays away.


A brief introduction maybe? Where the name comes from? What does it mean -not to me-? What was written here and what will be written.


"Kırık kumsaati" means "Broken hourglass". Why this name? Oh.. So many reasons now, so many ones are added on the way. At the beginning it was kind of simple. Sounded cool. It was easy to load some meanings when I bragged about things I wrote. I have answered this question so many times on so many different bar-stool while trying to escape from my biggest fear: living and dying ordinary.


All the reasons about why I will keep this name will be the contents of what I will write.


First I wanted to post anonymously. Then I started to link my posts on Facebook. So, that didn't make sense anymore. I'm Murat. 31 years old Turkish guy. On his way to be bald. Spectacularly ugly and a bit fat. Happily married. "Father" of a beautiful German Shepherd called "Sif". Musician wannabe. Professional dreamer.


Why I decided to write in English? This is my life now. I live in a foreign language. Why adding unnecessary connections to past?


I decided to write again mainly because I have so much to tell and not  much people around that are willing to listen.


We'll see.


And as usual, the song that I had in loop while writing this:


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder